The Clarksburg Dog Park offers many benefits:
- A safe and controlled environment for dogs to play and exercise
- A designated off-leash area for dogs and dog owners to socialize with each other
- Encouraging responsible dog ownership by promoting licensing, vaccinations and clean up
Clarksburg Dog Park Rules and Regulations:
- Open only from sunrise to sunset.
- Dogs under 6 months of age and female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated with tags showing.
- Dogs must be on leash when entering and exiting the off-leash dog area.
- Dogs must be under the control of their handler and in view of their handler at all times. Limit 2 dogs per person at any given time.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises.
- Smoking and eating are not allowed in the dog park.
- Handlers must clean up dog feces. Seal waste in the provided plastic bags before disposing in designated receptacles.
The dog park is a fenced-in area where dogs can run and socialize off-leash legally and safely. Some of the park amenities include benches, dog receptacles, dog litter bags, doggie fountain, and a Lets Rest Platform. Future improvements to the park includes will include trees and landscaping, and agility equipment. The Dog Park is located at Veteran's Memorial Park, down by the baseball fields.